Edradour Highland Whisky Distillery
Originally named Glenforress the name was changed to Edradour in 1837 before being changed back to Glenforress than back to Edradour again. Now that is clear, this is Scotland’s smallest distillery producing just over 90,000 litres of whisky per annum however attracts more visitors than any other distillery in Scotland. Located close to Pitlochry this area was well-known for illegal whisky production in the 19th century however in 1825 eight local farmers decided to set up a legal distillery in some farm buildings near Pitlochry. As far as we know this distillery stayed in the hands of these farmers and descendants until 1922 when the Edradour was bought by William Whiteley and Co. Campbell Distillers of Glasgow. The owners subsequently became part of Pernod Ricard in 1982.
Pernod Ricard identified the uniqueness of Edradour’s size and started to market it is such making the most of the beautiful location and charm as well as small size. However in a company the size of Pernod Richard Edradour didn’t stack up and was sold to Signatory Vintage an Edinburgh bottler in 1986 who raised the profile and range of single malt whisky being produced there.
Edradour single malt whisky was released as a 10 year old in 1986 but Signatory Vintage have been experimenting maturing the whisky in unusual wine casks such as chardonnay, super Tuscan and Burgundy. Furthermore Signatory Vintage re-introduced a peated whisky and released Ballechin in 2006.
Taste: The popular 10 year old has roasted barley, caramel and oak a big whisky from a small distillery.
[product_category category=”edradour” per_page=”24″ columns=”4″ orderby=”date” order=”desc”]